Natural Year Challenge: Household Edition
Would you like to switch to using chemical-free cleaning products in your home, but don't know where to begin?
Join us for our Natural Year Challenge: 10 Steps to a Naturally Clean Home!
For the next 10 months we'll lead you step by step through the process of incorporating natural cleaning products into every room in your house. Before you know it you'll be enjoying that smell of "natural" every day, with no worries of hazardous substances compromising the safe environment of your home.
Here is an overview of our 10 steps. Remember, you're allowed one full month for each step. If you need a month to catch up, no problem! Feel free to follow along at your own pace.
- Buy Five. These five supplies will arm you with everything you need to create your own all-purpose cleaners. Don't even worry about making or using them yet; your job is simply to find them!
- Make Laundry Soap. We'll put our borax, washing soda, and castile bar soap to good use. How-to video included!
- Make Household Soaps. Learn to make your own liquid dish soap, dishwasher powder, and hand soap using your five supplies.
- Clean Your Bathroom. Use your five supplies to make your bathroom sparkle without harsh cleansers or chemicals!
- Clean Your Kitchen. Your five supplies will be used to clean this vital part of the home safely and naturally.
- Clean Your Refrigerator. Naturally, of course! Plus some helpful tips on food storage and mold prevention.
- Remove Stains Naturally. Enjoy a practical video and helpful article on removing stains from dishes, clothing, carpet, and more.
- De-Clutter. Closets, kitchen, bookshelves, bedrooms. Learn how mold is connected to clutter!
- Clean Your Air. Tips on natural air purification using diffusers, essential oils, and homemade simmering potpourri.
- Make Liquid Soap. Our final challenge offers a soapmaking demonstration. We'll look at creating your own liquid hand soap with coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, and potassium hydroxide.
Use the Natural Year Challenge menu at left (or click on the titles above) to follow the steps to a naturally clean home!